Dear students, faculty and friends,
We wanted to make sure that you understand that your health and safety are of the utmost importance to us at The Hawaii Comedy Festival. We are asking everyone to take extra precautions in the immediate future to ensure we keep ourselves as healthy as possible. Please read the list below and take the following steps in class for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
The Hawaii Comedy Fest Team
- Greet each other accordingly – No need for hugs, high fives, or fist bumps. We know it’s Hawaii style, but we’re going to have to do the mainland thing for a little while. Waves, verbal greetings, peace signs, and shakas are all welcome.
- Instructors, please spread the seats apart – If you need to make two rows, that’s fine. Students, please don’t rearrange them when you come in.
- Avoid close contact on stage – Please don’t touch another student, especially anywhere near their face.
- Instructors, please have wipes and hand sanitizer available – We will make sure you have what you need. Please notify us if you are running low.
- All students, instructors, and/or audience members MUST refrain from attending class or events if they are experiencing any cold-like symptoms – Please contact your instructor, and let them know that you will not be able to attend. If COVID-19 is a factor, we will certainly work with you. We’d much rather you stay home and get better.
The CDC recommends the following:
- If you’re sick, stay home and rest.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
When To Use Soap and Water
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- Before and after caring for someone who is sick
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the bathroom, changing diapers, or cleaning up a child who has used the bathroom
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal food or treats, animal cages, or animal waste
- After touching garbage
- If your hands are visibly dirty or greasy
How To Use Soap and Water
- Wet your hands with clean running water
(warm or cold) and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap.
- Scrub all surfaces of your hands, including the palms, backs, fingers, between
your fingers, and under your nails. Keep scrubbing for 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song twice.
- Rinse your hands under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel, or air dry them.
When To Use Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, and wash with soap and water as soon as you can.
How To Use Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Apply. Put enough product on hands to cover all surfaces.
- Rub hands together, until hands feel dry. This should take around 20 seconds.
Note: Do not rinse or wipe off the hand sanitizer before it’s dry; it may not work as well against germs.